Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first real wormwood containing Absinthe to be legalized in the US since the ban in 1912 so many people are desperate to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was developed by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. Unlike other fake Absinthes, which were developed to be sold in the US, it contains real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) and other traditional Absinthe herbs. More details can be found at drinklucid.com but here are some facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It gets its green color from whole herbs and not artificial colors.
– It contains wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise and other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was developed by Ted Breaux, a leading Absinthe distiller, who used his knowledge of traditional Absinthe making techniques to make this historically accurate vintage style Absinthe which meets US regulations.
– Lucid contains a full measure of grande wormwood just like pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe contained vast amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles showed that they would all pass US regulations (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid contains 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid has a very distinctive black bottle with green cat’s eyes inspired by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
According to the Lucid website it can be bought across the United States so you should be able to buy it from your local liquor store. You can look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists such as Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and also for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The website also has a web shop where you can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid is not the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the United States – a brand called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Another great way of enjoying Absinthe in the USA is to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free world wide shipping. There is a handling fee for the first item but shipping and handling is free for additional products ordered.
The essences from AbsintheKit.com are made from an alcohol base which is distilled with top-quality herbs such as wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are very economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence which makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also available costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits make 14 bottles of Absinthe so they are a great buy. Simply mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you have your very own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is known.
Essences are a great alternative to searching for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are fun to use too.